Scouts... We are offering the Archery Merit Badge
The flyer for this class can be downloaded here.
Again this winter we, Ten Ring and Rapids Archery Club in Andover, are providing the complete Archery Merit Badge, start to finish. If the scout has a partial we can help them finish. We know its winter but we will be in a beautiful warm indoor archery range.
Some of the details:
- This is a Scouts BSA Merit Badge class, please no Cub or Webelos Scouts.
- We will provide everything; including materials to make the bow-string and arrow.
- The class is offered on two different Sundays, Jan 15th and Jan 29th; they need to choose only one date.
- This Merit Badge Class will be held at Rapids Archery Club in Andover, an interactive link to a Google Map is here, and on our Resources page.
- Each day we can handle 30 scouts. And currently we have the following spaces left:
- January 29th class - Full no spaces open.
- We start promptly at 8:00am and usually finish before noon.
- Our Ten Ring Archery Workbook will be email to all who register. We only accept the Ten Ring Workbook.
- The Archery Workbook contains all the requirements --- and the scout is expected to finish the "bookwork" portion before coming to the class. The parts of the workbook in red will be done at the Archery Club.
- During the class they will demonstrate the skills for building a bowstring and an arrow as well as shoot the required target score, and finally review the workbook with an Archery Merit Badge Counselor.
- So the Scout needs to come to the class with the completed workbook, a signed merit badge card and be ready to have some fun!
We are asking for a voluntary donation of $10.00 per scout to cover the cost of the class. And we do remind scouts to "Do a Good Turn Daily" and bring along a donation of a food item for the local food shelf.